Monday, April 28, 2008

Welcome

World of Warcraft is my first MMORPG. I've never been a big fan, ever since the first screenshots of old school Everquest. In fact Everquest made me want to puke up jagged pixels and blurry textures the moment I saw it.

I didn't expect to be playing World of Warcraft at all in fact. I was a big fan of the first 3 in the Warcraft series, and really enjoyed some of the backstory that came with it. But it wasn't until my brother-in-law talked me into trying it out that I realized what I was missing.

In the beginning I was the true blue-blooded n00b. Had no idea what to do, where to go, or who to kill and who to talk to. I'd played regular old RPGs in the past, in fact was a fan of any of the Final Fantasy's (bar Final Fantasy XI), so I knew how things worked, but WoW was something different. I was always worried that I'd miss something, and therefore took at least 2 weeks just to get to level 10.

I didn't even know what I really wanted to be yet. Started off as a Troll Hunter, and was all excited when I hit 14, cause that was the farthest I'd ever gotten a character, but it never really stuck with me.

But then my brother-in-law started talking about his Paladin. That's when I realized what I wanted to do in the game, and it fit my personality. Though I began as the n00badin with whatever gear I could get my hands on. I had no idea what I wanted to be, but as time went on, I picked up on the Holy tree, and it's flexability. And the rest is history....

Khraden
Level 70 Holy Paladin
"Wanderers Among Realms" - Malfurion US

No comments: